Friday, February 1, 2013

The Last Touch



It was love at first sight. We saw each other for the first time in a sports store. The moment he saw me I saw something magical in his eyes probably his love for the game. He was then an emerging star of tennis world not many knew about him. Next day I saw a piece of news on him on television, he had qualified for a major grand slam. It was his big break, seeded 100 in the world.

 May be it was déjà vu or  sixth sense but when I heard about Castle qualifying for the grand slam, there and  then I knew that he would ask me out the very next day. It was my first date and I was  nervous.  However things went very smoothly, Castle was a rock star. He was kind, affectionate, and funny. After our first date we knew we had found our soul mates.  We knew we would be together for a long time. We shared something special, describing it in words would do no justice.

After our first couple of dates we got to know each other better. We started to spend as much time possible together.  Whether it was off court or on court, what impressed me most about Castle was his passion for the game. Castle had won his first tow match with an ease of a margin. But his biggest lucid test was about to come. Castle was going to compete against his childhood idol James Richard the number one seed and winner of 12 grand slam titles. James Richard was favorite to win the match However Castle wrote his name in the books of history when he beat James Richard.

 After Castle won over Richard, things started to change. Castle became an overnight star. He was the talk of the town, center of attraction every one spoke about him. Even Castle’s professional life had changed from being ranked  70 Castle slowly started to jump in the ranks.  And within no time Castle was the number one seed in the world. He was now the face of tennis world.  It was really a special journey which we both had embarked together so far. Due to Castles’ superstition nature he made sure that I would always accompany him to the match.

It had been seven years since we had been together. It was then that Castle was on the brink of history. One more grandslam win and Castle would have won his seventh grandslam in a row. It was a rare feat not many had been able to accomplish. Unfortunately Castle lost the match. 

It was this lost that changed life of Castle and for the ones close to him. Castle was completely broken after this loss.  Days passed by I would keep waiting for Castle to pick me up for his practice sessions however Castle  kept delaying.  Our long talks were also now muted.  It was on one such fateful day I saw  Castle consuming drugs, which shattered my heart. That was the last time I spoke to Castle. Inevitable   Castle was banned by tennis federation. Soon after our fall out castle met with accident and was gone far away from me. Today I was auctioned and now I sit in a showcase of a rich man who is so called a great fan of Castle. This is my story, story of Wilson the racket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment