"Beep" that’s
my message tone. Its 3 am. One of dearest friend has replied to my msg. Why did
I message him at 3 am, because I am unable to get any sleep. Luckily my friend
replies to my message.
Next night
its 2 am. I forward yesterday's same message once more "Asleep?".And send it to my friends. This
time my phone doesn't beep and silence prevails.It’s been two
days and I have not been able get any kind of sleep. I have tired dozens for
things so that I will be able to sleep, read book, meditate, watch television,
count numbers to name few however nothing has helped. Doctor said there is
nothing wrong with me and I just need so relax my mind made no sense to me. He
further added in fact the more hard I try to sleep more sleep will run far away
from me said the doctor.
Seven am next
morning, “ding dong” that’s my door bell just has I am about to get some sleep
it woke me up. It’s the milk man. I call in office to say I won’t be coming
today. I head back towards my bed trying to get much needed sleep. However
sleep is gone far away.What started
some sleepless hours now has turned into days into weeks. It’s been a three
weeks a since I have not been able to sleep. This means my body has not rested
for nearly 500 hours. And as I do some soul searching I am finding it difficult
not only to sleep but also to do my daily activity there is lack of energy.
While doing
some research of sleep deprivation I come across an article, “Insomnia a love Tale”.
In which the author suggested that many people who are unable to sleep/ sleep
deprived suffer form this disease because they don’t like the night life. The
author also suggested that if you want to sleep then embrace the night. Embrace
its beauty embrace its silence.
So after
trying like dozen of dozen of things I decided to try what author “Insomnia a
love tale” had suggested. I decided to embrace night life. So that night I dint
try to sleep I just gave up I took a walk in my building compound around 2 am
made some coffee. Tranquility
prevailed. There was something about the eerie silence that compelled me. May be
an occasional sound here and there and a periodic ticking of time but
nonetheless it was serene. The world lays in deep slumber with shadows guarding
the moon and all that is hidden under it. I hope this moment does not pass
because I am at peace. I don't want
to attract attention. I am me. Enjoying this night. Loving the silence.
Why didn't I ever hear it before? Maybe I was trying too hard to sleep. The
noise in my head just didn't allow me to hear the song the night was singing. I
thought how about reading something?? Hmm what do I read?? I went to my book
shelf and picked a copy of Geetanjali my favorite poems .I started to browse
poems I had read umpteen times...Somehow those poems seemed new to me... Why?? I didn't try to search for any answers I just
wanted to live in that moment wanting to revere those poems. And that is what I
did.
And then next
morning I slept. With a smile of my face, behind wonderfully memories of last
night.

Guess u have found ur form again, some lines were just amazing, needs a little more refining though, at the end the post was refreshing, i guess its time for me to try the night life, in its loneliness.
ReplyDelete