If anyone decided to script a movie on my life it would be one of those typical Bollywood flicks. Love, broken dreams, betrayal, murder, gun chases with a lot of melodrama…
I am being interviewed by a journalist and some his questions disturb me. Like “What would I do after I am set free?” It’s been almost a decade that I am in jail- away from guns, away from fights, away from the world of hide and seek, and more importantly away from the world of death. I reply “Haven’t decided yet”. Another question that my friends and those close to me have asked, “How does it feel to be constantly followed by the shadow of death?” In monotonous tone, I say, “I am not afraid of death and never will be.” The interview ends and I go back to my cell.
Its past 3 am, but my eyes still wide are open. ‘Am I not afraid of death?’ The question haunts me and also brings back memories of my jobless days, when I had seven mouths to feed. Education was an unfulfilled dream. No one was willing to employ me until a man asked me to appear for the interview for the post of a peon in a local bank. I cleared the interview and the pay was descent. That is when I learnt life’s biggest lesson that either you screw up things for others or you get screwed up. Roy was my first victim. Why did I kill him? He had bribed the branch manager to get the job that belonged to me I was informed.
My hands were as stable and I was a mere 2 feet away from Roy. I pressed the trigger and shot two bullets into his head. From then on I was on the run. I have no regrets for killing that bastard and never will have. I’m not scared of death
I’m not scared of death. When I look around I see death everywhere. I see death in each and every individual who is alive. I died many years ago when my job was taken away. Here, I am speaking of death not in the physical sense. It’s when young souls kill their dreams, stop believing like ‘miracles’ and quit fighting for what they thought is theirs.
When we think our dreams are too childish and don’t hold any insignificant slowly our dead dreams start killing us from within. With the burden of our unfulfilled dreams, it becomes laborious to live with peace in our heart. So, find a dream and achieve it.

No comments:
Post a Comment