We all were standing and having discussion about India’s debacle performance in Australia and then I heard the roar of his Apache 180 rt. I immediately knew it was him. He was as always late for the class. Shortly after his arrival I started to feel restless causing my attention to divert. He went to have a smoke, again he was alone. No one ever spoke him, no one ever hanged out with him. He was one of the most detached guys in fact I doubt if any one even knew his name. Sometimes we saw him taking first semester class, other times he took second semester classes. We gave him a name he was cold-fish. Cold-fish one devoid of all human emotion or feeling. Many people had tried to speak him but all in vain.
Today also my eyes kept searching for him but he was not to be found. It was almost a month, he had disappeared from college. No one knew where he was no one had his number to text or call him. No one knew where he lived. Where was bloodless? No one knew.
Then one day returning from college I saw him having a smoke. As always his only company was his bike. I decided to stop and have a casual conversation with him. I tried to get him to talk up by asking various question. However in cold tone he dismissed them by answering in not more than 3 words. While talking I noticed something unusual this guy had various razor cuts on his hands. I thought maybe his girlfriend had left him so he had tried to commit suicide. However looking at the number of cuts he had on his hand that made no sense. 20 to 30 wounds of different shapes at different places spread all over his hand. I asked him how he had managed to injure his hands so many times. Cold-fish guy who never spoke more than three words started to speak in the most animated manner. He took me to his room. Cold-fish lived alone. The question that still haunted me was how he could injure his hands so many times. Then came the shocker of my life, Cold-Fish did something horrific he took a knife and cut his hand. Then he drained as much blood as he could in glass. What I saw after that made the scene was even worse; he gulped the whole glass of blood that too within no time. I was scared as I watched all this I wanted to run away but fear had griped me. Soon bloodless started screaming in pain I had no clue what to do should I call police call doctor. I stayed with him till he was fine. After everything got back to normal he turned to me and apologized. I asked him why he did that to himself. He had no answer all he said, “I am addicted to blood and that is why I don’t make any friends and stay as much away as I can from people.”
Soon after my encounter with bloodless I informed college people about this blood sucking vampire. They called his parents and soon he was sent to an asylum. Eight days after been admitted to asylum Cold-Fish committed suicide. When I came from his funeral and took a close look in mirror I saw him again in dark. To be continued …
Based on narration by Goks Nair
Based on narration by Goks Nair

No comments:
Post a Comment